SHI – The Way of the Warrior comic book created by Eisner Award Nominee comic book entrepreneur Billy Tucci joins me to promote:
SHI – The Way of the Warrior Omnibus – collecting all 16 issues of the original Shi run over 25 years ago! And! The creation of the original soundtrack now being sold as a perk during Billy’s Kickstarter and IndieGoGo crowd funding campaigns.
In this interview with the comic legend, Billy and Christopher talk about:
- the backstory of Shi – the Way of the Warrior
- FIT and the Japanese woodblock prints
- the influence of illustrator, Barry Orkin on the character Anna Ishikawa
- the female comic book characters during the time when Shi was created – what was the girl book climate like?
- Shi’s success story – the strategy
- the Shi Soundtrack – the back story
- Kickstarter and IndieGoGo – selling the Shi 488-page Shi Omnibus
- Putting word balloons and pasting them the old-fashioned way
- the crowd-funding campaigns and what to expect in perks
- the Shi- the Way of the Warrior soundtrack – one of the perks with the sound effects!
- how an independent sells, ships and distributes
- the other perks sold on the Kickstarter and IndieGoGo campaigns