Ven a mis Brazos was one of the original 10 American Tangos composed for the CD release, Torbellino in 1997. Since then, it has enjoyed numerous arrangements in the Caliendo World Music Publishing Tango Americano collection.
This arrangement, for four flutes – 3 C flutes and piccolo, was performed by Mahfrin Santoke, an MFA graduate at the Cole Conservatory of Music in Cal State Long Beach.
- in my interview with Mahfrin we discussed:
- the origins of Ven a mis Brazos and the American Tango
- how it evolved to be one of the flute/guitar collections as recorded by flutist, Sheridon Stokes,
- the technology used by Mahfrin to record the publication
- her love of ethnic music,
- the pros and cons of performing ethnic music as a classical musician
- where she sees herself 10 years from now