Patricia Nagle, is a performer and professor of flute at the École Normale de Musique –Alfred Cortot de Paris.
In this video blog interview, Patricia discusses:
- THE OPTIONS FLUTISTS FACE WHEN THEY APPLY AT THE CONSERVATOIRE DI PARIS AND DO NOT GET ACCEPTED
- THE TYPICAL CAREER PATH AFTER STUDENTS GRADUATE FROM THE PARIS CONSERVATORY
- WINNING COMPETITIONS ONLINE
- FINDING A JOB IN EUROPE AS A FLUTIST
- WHY STUDENTS DO NOT STUDY PRIVATELY BUT AT CONSERVATORIES
- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN AMERICAN MUSIC EDUCATION AND A FRENCH OR EUROPEAN EDUCATION
- SOME FASCINATING ADVANTAGES YOUNG AMERICAN FLUTISTS HAVE TODAY TO STUDY ABROAD!
1) APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
If your application for admission is complete and your application is accepted, you will receive an admission certificate by mail which will allow you to obtain a visa from the French Consulate in your country of origin.
Please note: this does not constitute registration under any circumstances.
Apply for admission online
Apply for admission by post
NB: the online admission application requires payment by Visa or Mastercard credit card (reimbursement in the event of non-admission). Your file must contain all of the following:
- The identity form to download and attach to the file
- Photocopy of your passport
- Cover letter in French or English
- Musical curriculum vitae in French or English
- Video recording or YouTube link (recent – free program of 20 minutes maximum – minimum 3 Pieces of different styles)
- Copies of musical diplomas obtained (translated into French or English)
- Possibly other documents (writing, composition, etc.)
- 2 passport photos
To receive your admission certificate: an envelope addressed to your address, stamped with an international reply coupon.
Advance on tuition fees (refundable in the event of non-admission): bank transfer of € 550 (net after deduction of bank charges) to the bank account of the Association École Normale de Musique de Paris: (IBAN to download here) . Indicate on the transfer order: “Admission (2018/2019) of Mr or Miss (Name and first name of the candidate)
Copy of the transfer order
Click here to complete your online admission application File to be sent to: École Normale de Musique de Paris
114 bis bd Malesherbes