The only online course for college musicians who desire to:
- use soft skills learned in music
- adapt them into the business world to gain financial stability
- while accelerating their musical career
Through the Octiv8 system, musicians transform their creativity to achieve financial and creative independence in the world of industry in as little as 8 weeks!
- What is Octiv8? An introduction from Christopher Caliendo
WEEK 1: SOFT SKILLS – why they are valuable especially today!
- What are Soft Skills?
- EXERCISE 1: Define Soft Skills
- How to naturally develop soft skills
- EXERCISE 2: Your Soft Skill Check List
- EXERCISE 3: Sentence Stem Practice
- The rise of right brain dominance
- KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT 1
- The top 10 soft skills in demand by businesses today!
- EXERCISE 4: Provide 10 examples
- VIDEO FEATURE: Dr. Jay Klusky: Your Mindset – how to transition your mindset into the world of business
- KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT 2
WEEK 2: ADAPTABILITY – the skill of the 21st century and you possess it!
- What is adaptability?
- KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT 3 What is your aim?
- KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT 4 Tony Wagner
- The Secret to Musicians Being Naturally Adaptable
- EXERCISE 5: Define your Adaptability Formula
- 7 types of Adaptability Skills Musicians Naturally Possess
- EXERCISE 6: Identify your Adaptability Skills
- 5 Quickest Ways to Develop your Adaptability
- LET’S REINFORCE!: Question and Answers
- BONUS VIDEO FEATURE: 24 year-old Christina Bauer talks about her life as an illustrator, a commission from Nike, her social media following of 20,000 followers and how she adapted her creative talent into another field that paid well to secure her financial future.
WEEK 3: THE JOB MARKET TODAY How to transfer your creative skills successfully to business!
- The MFA is the New MBA
- KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT 5
- The Secret to Reading Business Trends
- How to Answer: What can you bring to the company?
- EXERCISE 7: Simulate and Interview
- The Top 6 paying creative jobs
- EXERCISE 8: Apply your soft skills and adaptability strengths to the 3 creative jobs
- VIDEO FEATURE: Dennis Kushner: How to search business trends
- VIDEO FEATURE: Angelo Ponzi – how I used soft skills to create a successful marketing agency
- VIDEO FEATURE: Christopher Caliendo: How I transitioned my soft skills to win the Business Development Officer of the Year Award for a multi-billion dollar commercial bank!
WEEK 4: THE ADVANTAGES OF A CORPORATE JOB – The Secret to a Clear Path to Success!
- Advantages! – the top benefits to look for in a job!
- Mentors – why they are so valuable!
- Health Insurance – choosing the right policy!
- Wealth Management – the A B C’s of saving money right out of college!
- Your Network is Your Net-worth – useful tips on how to network and the benefits of networking!
- Work Life Balance –practices employers provide to help you maintain work-life balance
- Clear Path to Success! – be proactive in your own becoming!
- VIDEO FEATURE: Bill Ellermeyer – networking strategies!
- VIDEO FEATURE: Brian Connors – wealth management tips!
- VIDEO FEATURE: John Meazzo – health insurance made simple!
WEEK 5: APPLYING FOR A CORPORATE POSITION
- Day Time Journey! – the top 5 secrets to empower your musical vision in your job!
- LinkedIn – how to use it to your advantage
- Branding – the importance of on-line presence
- How to effectively research companies that align with your creative skills
- the highest paying jobs in the music business:
- How to show soft skills on a resume
- Success Tips – How to sell yourself!
- LET’S REINFORCE!
- VIDEO FEATURE: Steve Puente – Valuable tips for Musicians on How to Write an Effective Resume
WEEK 6: HOW TO BUILD A MUSIC CAREER WHILE HAVING A CORPORATE JOB – strategies that will transform your musical career!
- Identity – how to activate hidden resources!
- Themes – how to create your musical identity!
- The Day Time Job – how to help career objectives to your musical vision!
- EXERCISE: Themes – How to Create Yours!
- EXERCISE: Integration – how to create your musical vision!
- FINAL EXAM: Roadmap to Success: Your Success Formula!
- VIDEO FEATURE: OCTIV8 – a Summary
- BONUS: 27 Musicians from Around the World Share their Success Tips!
WEEK 7: ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER – secrets tips to lesson years of bad decisions and build your career faster!
- Concept of Free – the secret to building key relationships!
- Networking and the CRM – how to manage your relationships today for future success!
- Marketing Tips Using You Tube – you need to Know!
- Formula for Success – towards establishing self-reliance
- Go Indi! – secrets to building your own sheet music publishing business
- Comp Talk – how to score a composer
- Ego – recreating reality according to your value judgements!
- VIDEO FEATURE: Christopher Caliendo: Entrepreneurship in the Arts
WEEK 8: A PORTFOLIO CAREER – how to create multiple income streams!
- What is a Portfolio Career?
- The Future of Work – why musicians need to be part of it!
- Work –Life Integration – the intelligence of a portfolio career!
- Road Map for Professional Fulfillment – the 5/3/7 benefits for musicians you need to know!
- Musicians – the secret skills you may not know you already have!
- 10 Tips! – how to manage a portfolio career!
- The secret to turning what you love to do into a living and prosper!
- Fixed and Variable Costs? Tips on budgeting your life!
- VIDEO FEATURE: Bill Ellermeyer – the Advantages of a Multiple Income Stream Career for Musicians
- EXERCISE: Complete your Octiv8 formula!